Windows XP keeps a list on the Start Menu of the most recently opened documents. If you would like to clear that list of recent documents, check out the easy instructions below!
- Right click the Start Menu icon and select Properties.
- Click the Start Menu tab and select Customize.
- In the Customize Start Menu windows, select the Advanced tab.
- At the bottom of that box, you will see your Recent Document options. You now have two options:
- Click on the Clear List button to just clear the recent documents.
- Uncheck the “List My Most Recently Opened Documents” checkbox to disable this feature completely.