Internet Explorer stores web pages, images and downloaded content on your local computer. Clearing these files regularly can help protect your privacy and free up some space on your computer. Here are some simple steps for you.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet and then click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and then click Delete under Browsing History.
- Click Delete All and click yes to confirm that you want to delete this information and then click OK.
- Click Start, Control Panel, and then click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
- In the Delete Files content box, click to select Delete All Offline Files check box and then hit OK.
- When it has completed, hit OK again.