How to Have Your Contact's Birthdays Appear in Your Android Phone's Calendar
Remembering someone's birthday can be the difference between a good friendship and a great one. All phones have an option to add a birthday to a contact's information. With an Android phone having that Birthday information show up on your calendar can be a tricky task.
If you have your Google Calendar set to sync with your phone then adding birthdays to that calendar is a few step process:
- Go to google.com/calendar from a computer.
- Under Other calendars in the left pane, click add.
- Click Browse interesting calendars
- Click More (the More next to Sports)
- On Contacts' birthdays and events click subscribe
- While you are in there check out all of the other interesting calendars that Google can populate your phone's calendar with
I don't know why Google makes this so difficult to do but it is nice that they give you the option to add such an array of other calendars to your calendar. You can unsubscribe to these at any time. Please note that these calendars will not show up in your phone until your phone sync's with the calendar service again.